Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How do I stop my boy drinking turps and paint thinner?

I am a single dad bringing up a 7 year old Adam. My wife left us last month but we are making the most out of a terrible situation. One thing that has occured is I caught Adam drinking chemicals from under the kitchen sink, toilet bleach and other cleaners. He said that it tasted like alcohol we give him at Chritsmas time. He begs me every day to buy him more but I keep telling him that he might get sick or food poisoning. To cut a long story shorter in the last week he has been sipping turps and paint thinner from the garden shed. I bought him two bottles of industrial paint thinner as the smell is unbearable and am hoping the smell puts him off but he still keeps taking sips. I do not know what to do but hope he will see sense and can ween him off it. Right now he has stomach pains and eye and headaches. I think the smell is getting to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment